Friday, May 13, 2011

Ludicra in Oakland?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time Ludicra played in Oakland was June 5, 2007. That means we are approaching the four year anniversary since one of the best bay area metal acts has played Oakland. It's not that I'm counting the days it's just that after a while I thought to myself, "Why haven't I seen a Ludicra show in a while."

For photos of Ludicra in Oakland click here.

So here's where I have to admit to being an asshole. Ludicra is one of my favorite bands in the Bay Area these days, yet when they played in San Francisco on May 8, 2010 at Cafe Du Nord I didn't go. Was I just to distracted to have found out about the show until after it was over. Do I have a phobia of crossing the bay that causes me to block out information about shows there. Was there a lack of promotion... Why didn't I go... Whyyyyy!

Also, my frustration is a little misguided for the fact that Embers was fortunate enough to share the stage with Ludicra at 924 Gilman on August 31, 2007 which I believe was their last show on this side of the bay. Berkeley, Oakland, close enough. Right? Well sure, but it's still been a long time.

Is this Ludicra's last show in the East Bay?

Since this last show in the East Bay Ludicra has released a new album entitled, The Tenant. Introductions to the East Bay are in order I believe.



Recently, I started talking with Ludicra's booker Nathan about their future east bay shows, and he told me that Ludicra IS returning to the east bay, and he told me about the festival below:


Now considering the massive line-up here $32 bucks is an awesome deal ($52 for the after party woo hoo!). The only bummer is that Ludicra is near the bottom of the line-up so I imagine they'll be playing at 3:30 in the afternoon on a side stage or something. I still want to see them play in a medium sized venue in Oakland as a headliner. Something more intimate. Then again maybe I should just shut up and cough up 32 bucks. I mean Nuclear Assault! WTF, Yea!

Of course there is also my desire to share a stage with them again. Perhaps it could be Ludicra, Skarp, Nux Vomica and Embers? What do you think?

Steve 

4 comments:

  1. They played Gilman in February 2008 and in October 2009, but yeah, it's certainly far, far less than what they used to do. I wish they'd play more. They've only played the bay area once since The Tenant came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure if it had been that long. Still a year and a half is a long time. Technically I was correct about Oakland though. Wasn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words and support but unfortunately we have to cancel this date and will not be appearing at Slaughter by the Water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aesop, we're sorry to hear Ludicra won't be playing anytime soon. Give us a heads up as soon as that changes.

    ReplyDelete